Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chapter 9 in "Deep unto Deep"


Today We Thank You from centerlinenewmedia on GodTube.

I wanted to share this video with you because I don't think any of us remembers to thank God for our lives and what goes on in them as much as we should. So I just wanted to take the time to put of this video just thanking him for what he has done for me!

"I free fall with arms spread wide, holding nothing for myself and keeping not the slightest grip of ownership upon my life. My life is not my own. I have been bought with a price. And I have willingly surrendered to my position of hiddeness in Him--hidden with Christ in God."

In the past few days, God has been laying a lot on my heart. In this particular chapter, on this particular day, I have felt more freeing with my faith and I trust a lot more in what God has in store for me. In another part of this book, Dana uses the phrase "drop off" from old ways. I took that as a parallel with blind faith. When I think of "drop off", I go to like base jumping, sky diving or cliff jumping. Being able to trust that you will be alive once you reach the ground sounds like our experience with Christ. Being able to let go of fear and reservation and rely on something you might have doubts on sounds so beautiful to me right now.
But that might be different once we are stuck in dry places but we NEED to keep reminding ourselves that God allows that barren feeling so we can become stronger in our hearts. All the obstacles and challenges he sets in our way is strengthening us and has a purpose! I cant stress that enough! If we focus on all those hard times, that is only going to stress us out. If we draw closer to him, he will make us realize that the drama and the stress we create in our life is unimportant to hang on to. He will redirect our focus on the blessings as significant parts to our journey in life. Trust, Trust, and more TRUST is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment